Sunday 8 December 2013

The Sunday Post (#30) and Showcase Sunday (#16)


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer, and Showcase Sunday is hosted by Books, Biscuits and Tea and inspired by Pop Culture Junkie and the Story Siren. They're a chance to share news, a post to recap the past week on your blog, highlight our newest books and see what everyone else received for review, borrowed from libraries, or bought.


Book stuff
Book of the month: November 2013
Review: Just In Case by Meg Rosoff
My week in books (#14) - scary monsters and literary-inspired clothing

Added to my shelves

It was another week of getting stuff from publishers, which I'm still trying to sort through. Among the books I got was How to be a Heroine by Samantha Ellis, which is about the things we took from the literary heroines we read about when we were younger. I got it from one of my new publishing contacts, who says she's giving it to everyone she knows because it's so great. I'm only a few chapters in, but I'm inclined to agree.

My office is also having a clear out, so I grabbed two books quickly on Friday evening, proofs of The White Princess by Philippa Gregory and Teardrop by Lauren Kate. I'm not sure I actually want to read the latter, so if anyone UK-based wants it let me know, I'm happy to pay the postage.

What have you been up to?

8 comments:

  1. Ooooh Teardrop. I got it for my birthday, hope it's good. I heard a lot about it! :)
    Wish I got gifts from publishers :)
    Happy reading!

    CHRISTMAS GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It appeals to me more than that other series Lauren Kate did (Awaken?) but still not sure it's my thing.

      Sarah

      Delete
  2. Lucky you that you managed to get some proofs from an office clear-out :D I've been keen to check out Teardrop myself as it sounds interesting. I hope you give it a go as I'd love to hear your thoughts.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may do, but not really sure it's my thing and as I have so much else to read I'm probably not going to get to it for a while!

      Sarah

      Delete
  3. Hope you enjoy the new books. Happy reading.

    Thanks for stopping by my Sunday Post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the sound of How to be a Heroine! And am dying to know what characters are referenced. I will have my eyes peeled for that one in the bookshops. Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finished it a few days ago and absolutely adored it. Definitely get it if you can!

      Sarah

      Delete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...